Hi all!

I want to start the discussion to whether to drop the "
*flink-contrib/docker-flink*" subproject and instead point users to
"*github.com/docker-flink/docker-flink
<http://github.com/docker-flink/docker-flink>*".

There are a few reasons for this thought:

  - The projects have gone out of sync, and the docker-flink project has
the better maintained code. Users that only see the
"flink-contrib/docker-flink" project refer to outdated build files and have
a suboptimal experience.

  - Docker files should be available across multiple Flink versions. That
is easier to do if the files are hosted outside the main source code
repository, which is usually tied to a single version - the latest in the
particular branch.

  - We could stop maintaining two repositories.

What do you think?

I cc-ed the committers/contributors that so far were most active on the
docker projects, would be interested in hearing your opinion.

Best,
Stephan