Hi Timo,

Thanks for the initiating the SQL client effort. I agree with Xingcan's
points, adding to it (1) most of the user for SQL client would very likely
to have little Maven / build tool knowledge and (2) most likely the build
script would grow much complex in the future that makes it exponentially
hard for user to modify themselves.

On (3) the single "fat" jar idea, adding on to the dependency conflict
issue, another very common way I see is that users often want to maintain a
list of individual jars, such as a list of relatively-constant, handy UDFs
every time using the SQL client. They will probably need to package and
ship separately anyway. I was wondering if "download-and-drop-in" might be
a more straight forward approach?

Best,
Rong