I'm not aware of any changes regarding the blocking buffer pools though.

Is it really stuck or just making progress slowly? (You can check with
the number or records sent/received in the Web UI)

Anyway, this may also simply mean that the task is back-pressured
depending on how the operators are wired together. In that case, all
available buffers for that ResultPartition have been used (records were
serialized into them) and are now waiting on Netty to send or a
SpillingSubpartition to spill data to disk.
Please also check for warnings or errors in the affected TaskManager's
log files.

If you can reproduce the problem, could you try reducing your program to
a minimal working example and provide it here for further debugging?

Thanks
Nico

--
Nico Kruber | Software Engineer
data Artisans

Follow us @dataArtisans
--
Join Flink Forward - The Apache Flink Conference
Data Artisans GmbH | Stresemannstr. 121A,10963 Berlin, Germany