Hello,

We have some custom Flink sinks that need to use a batching approach, and we
use timers to facilitate flushing. Currently, we’re casting the
`RuntimeContext` provided by `RichFunction.getRuntimeContext()` to a
`StreamingRuntimeContext` (which it always seems to be?), which then gives us
access to `ProcessingTimeService` as a scheduler. Is there any chance of either
`getProcessingTimeService` being added to `RuntimeContext`, or some other
scheduling facility being exposed? With the runtime cast, if the implementation
changes during an upgrade, our jobs can be completely broken without any
compiler errors, which is a big source of exposure in our project.

Thanks,

Andrew
--
*Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any

attachments may be confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you

are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this

e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

please notify the sender and permanently delete the e-mail and any

attachments immediately. You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or

any attachment for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of the

contents to any other person. Thank you.*