Thanks a lot, Rong and Peter.

AFAIK, there is a flink hcatalog connector introduced in FLINK-1466
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-1466> that is added by Fabian.
And there is another JIRA in FLINK-1913
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-1913> to document the use of
connector.

I think we can start with looking at the existing hcatalog  connector,
adding missing documentation, and come up with a proposal to evolve the
Flink HCatalog integration with ExternalCatalog, and the SQL client to make
it both useful both SQL and non-SQL scenarios.

Given we already have the integration implemented in AthenaX
<https://github.com/uber/AthenaX> internally, we can help drive and
contribute back to the community.

Shuyi

--
"So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future."