Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the info. So if I understand correctly, the pipeline you had in
mind is:

Consumer -> Map -> Producer

What do you expect as outcome of the mapper failure? That no records are
lost but some possibly duplicated in the sink?

Regarding the abstraction, I will see what I can do in that regard. From
where I start it may make more sense to do some of that as follow-up when
the Kafka test is ported.

Thanks,
Thomas