Hi Chesnay,

Thanks for the proposal. +1 for make the distribution thinner.

Meanwhile, it would be useful to have all the peripheral libraries/jars
hosted somewhere so users can download them from a centralized place. We
can also encourage the community to contribute their libraries, such as
connectors and other pluggables, to the same place (maybe a separate
category), so the community can share the commonly used libraries as well.

Thanks,

Jiangjie (Becket) Qin