Long term plan _is_ to move flink-shaded-hadoop to flink-shaded, I believe there's even a JIRA for that.

Until that is in place they _must_ have retain the flink version as otherwise we'd be unable to change them in follow-up releases without changing the version scheme again.

And even after the move they will retain the flink-shaded version like all other flink-shaded modules, for the above reason.