Hi Jark,

*About local keyed state:*

I object to moving it out of this FLIP. It's one of the ways we support
Local aggregation on the implementation of operator level, though not the
only one.

I guess you have misunderstood my last reply. I just tell you the
difference between `DataStream#process` and `KeyedStream#process`. Users
who use `localKeyBy#process` API are completely unaware of the differences
when using the Stateful API. The local keyed state we introduced is not
exposed to the outside! It exists only internally. When calling localKeyBy
to returns an instance of `KeyedStream`, we introduce `KeyScope` in
`KeyedStream` to distinguish them. I suggest you take a look at our design
documentation.

*About your concerns:*

1) I agree that not all exposed APIs are meaningful if localKeyBy returns
`KeyedStream`. I did not find a signature of timeWindow(long, long) API.
IMO, all the window related APIs are useful and meaningful, It is one of
the main means of our local aggregation, and we should not limit its
flexibility. I am not against localKeyBy returns `LocalKeyedStream` if you
agree `localKeyBy` is reasonable.

2) I have replied more than one times that we are trying to support a more
general local aggregation. The meaning of aggregation here is not limited
to the implementation of AggregateFunction. And that's exactly what we got
from `KeyedStream#process`. Why do you need a "local process" concept? I
don't think it is necessary at all. I don't want to say that the
aggregation you think is narrow, but we want to use this API to provide
enough flexibility. This is the primary focus of DataStream, as @Piotr
Nowojski <pi...@ververica.com>  also agrees. I also agree "local process"
is more than "local aggregate", that's users' choice if they want to
use. Again, it should not be removed from this FLIP because it is the added
value of localKeyBy.

Best,
Vino

Jark Wu <imj...@gmail.com> 于2019年6月27日周四 下午8:47写道: