Sender:bupt_ljybupt_...@163.com
Recipient:dev...@flink.apache.org
Cc:Tzu-Li (Gordon) taitzuli...@apache.org
Date:Tuesday, Jul 16, 2019 15:24
Subject:Add relative path support in Savepoint Connector

Hi all,
    Firstly I appreciate Gordon and Seth’s effort on this feature, which is
really helpful to our production use. Like you mentioned in the FLINK-12047,
one of the production uses is that we use the existing state to derive new
state. However, since the state handle is using the absolute path to get the
input stream, we need to directly operate the state in production environment,
which is not an anxiety-reducing situation, at least for me.
    So I wonder if we can add the relative path support in this module because
the files are persisted in a directory after we take a savepoint, which makes
it achievable. I’m not sure whether my scenario is a common case or not, but I
think I can give my contributions if you all are okay about this.

Best Regards,
Jiayi Liao