From:Kurt Young <ykt...@gmail.com>
Send Time:2019年7月23日(星期二) 17:03
To:dev <dev@flink.apache.org>
Subject:Re: [DISCUSS] Support temporary tables in SQL API

Thanks Dawid for driving this discussion.
Personally, I would +1 for using option #2 for 1.9.0 and go with option #1
in 1.10.0.

Regarding Xuefu's concern about option #1, I think we could also try to
reuse the in-memory catalog
for the builtin temporary table storage.

Regarding to option #2 and option #3, from user's perspective, IIUC option
#2 allows user to have
simple name to reference temporary table and should use fully qualified
name for external catalogs.
But option #3 provide the opposite behavior, user can use simple name for
external tables after he
changed current catalog and current database, but have to use fully
qualified name for temporary
tables. IMO, option #2 will be more straightforward.

Best,
Kurt