AFAIK this voting scheme is described in the "Modifying Bylaws" section,
in the end introducing bylaws is a modify operation ;) . I think it is a
valid point to CC priv...@flink.apache.org in the future. I wouldn't say
it is a must though. The voting scheme requires that every PMC member
has to be reached out directly, via a private address if he/she did not
vote in a thread. So every PMC member should be aware of the voting thread.

Best,

Dawid