I'm sorry, but if these issues are only fixed later anyway I see no reason to run these tests on each PR. We're just adding noise to each PR that everyone will just ignore.

I'm curious as to the benefit of having this directly in Flink; why aren't the ARM builds run outside of the Flink project, and fixes for it provided?

It seems to me like nothing about these arm builds is actually handled by the Flink project.