Hi Aljoscha,

Thanks for your comments!

Regarding to the FLIP scope, it seems that we have agreed on the design of
the stateless function support.
What do you think about starting the development of the stateless function
support firstly and continue the discussion of stateful function support?
Or you think we should split the current FLIP into two FLIPs and discuss
the stateful function support in another thread?

Currently, the Python DataView/MapView/ListView interfaces design follow
the Java/Scala naming conversions.
Of couse, We can continue to discuss whether there are better solutions,
i.e. using annotations.

Regarding to the magic logic to support DataView/MapView/ListView, it will
be done by the framework and is transparent for users.
Per my understanding, the magic logic is unavoidable no matter what the
interfaces will be.

Regarding to the catalog support of python function:1) If it's stored in
memory as temporary object, just as you said, users can call
TableEnvironment.register_function(will change to
register_temporary_function in FLIP-64)
2) If it's persisted in external storage, users can call
Catalog.create_function. There will be no API change per my understanding.

What do you think?
Best,Jincheng

Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org> 于2019年9月5日周四 下午5:32写道: