Hi Sijie,

Yes, we will have to support existing old connectors and new connectors in
parallel for a while. We have to take that maintenance overhead because
existing connectors have been used by the users for a long time. I guess It
may take at least a year for us to fully remove the old connectors.

Process wise, we can do the same for Pulsar connector. But I am not sure if
we want to have the same burden on Pulsar connector, and I would like to
understand the benefit of doing that.

For users, the benefit of having the old Pulsar connector checked in seems
limited because 1) that code base will be immediately deprecated in the
next release in 3-4 months; 2) users can always use it even if it is not in
the Flink code base. Admittedly it is not as convenient as having it in
Flink code base, but doesn't seem super either. And after 3-4 months, users
can just use the new connector in Flink repo.

For Flink developers, the old connector code base is not something that we
want to evolve later. Instead, these code will be deprecated and
removed. So why do we want to get a beta version out to attract people to
use something we don't want to maintain?

Thanks,

Jiangjie (Becket) Qin