Hi everyone,

It has already been a month since we released Flink 1.9.0.
We already have many important bug fixes from which our users can benefit
in the release-1.9 branch (83 resolved issues).
Therefore, I propose to create the next bug fix release for Flink 1.9.

Most notable fixes are:

- [FLINK-13526] When switching to a non existing catalog or database in the
SQL Client the client crashes.
- [FLINK-13568] It is not possible to create a table with a "STRING" data
type via the SQL DDL.
- [FLINK-13941] Prevent data-loss by not cleaning up small part files from
S3.
- [FLINK-13490][jdbc] If one column value is null when reading JDBC, the
following values will all be null.
- [FLINK-14107][kinesis] When using event time alignment with the Kinsesis
Consumer the consumer might deadlock in one corner case.

Furthermore, I would like the following critical issues to be merged before
1.9.1 release:

- [FLINK-14118] Reduce the unnecessary flushing when there is no data
available for flush which can save 20% ~ 40% CPU. (reviewing)
- [FLINK-13386] Fix A couple of issues with the new dashboard have already
been filed. (PR is created, need review)
- [FLINK-14010][yarn] The Flink YARN cluster can get into an inconsistent
state in some cases, where
leaderhship for JobManager, ResourceManager and Dispatcher components is
split between two master processes. (PR is created, need review)

I would volunteer as release manager and kick off the release process once
blocker issues has been merged. What do you think?

If there is any other blocker issues need to be fixed in 1.9.1, please let
me know.

Cheers,
Jark