Hi Zhenqiu,

Thanks for taking on this effort!

A couple questions:
- Though this FLIP is about function DDL, can we also think about how the
created functions can be mapped to CatalogFunction and see if we need to
modify CatalogFunction interface? Syntax changes need to be backed by the
backend.
- Can we define a clearer, smaller scope targeting for Flink 1.10 among all
the proposed changes? The current overall scope seems to be quite wide, and
it may be unrealistic to get everything in a single release, or even a
couple. However, I believe the most common user story can be something as
simple as "being able to create and persist a java class-based udf and use
it later in queries", which will add great value for most Flink users and
is achievable in 1.10.

Bowen