Hi Chesnay,

The correct link for [1] is:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/flink-dev/201911.mbox/%3CCANC1h_vicBWQSGws6Q%2BTXJXde0K%2BAMoVN4VqGU_Hykb1N7J8ng%40mail.gmail.com%3E

1) There is no relevant post, this is the name that is currently used both
for the website and internally.
The name is not the original name, and it evolved out of internal
discussions and a/b-testing with few early users, this name
was able to "position" the project at the correct place better than others.
If more people would feel unconvinced, or you would strongly oppose to it,
then we can create a separate discussion thread.

4)  Ok, I will change the proposal to option (b).

Kind regards,
Igal.