I think we need an interpretation of "-tm" regardless of what is in the
default configuration, because we can always have a modified configuration
and then a user passes the "-tm" flag.

I kind of like the first proposal: Interpret "-tm" as "override memory size
config and set the Yarn TM container size." It would mean exactly ignoring
"taskmanager.memory.flink.size" and using the "-tm" value as "
"taskmanager.memory.process.size".
That does not sound too bad to me.

Best,
Stephan