+1 (not sure whether my vote is binding, I guess yes since this is a
development-oriented vote?)

Minor:
bq. This means that a version x.y.u is API and binary compatible to x.y.v
with u <= v wrt all @PublicEvolving classes.
I guess you mean "with u *>* v" to keep backward compatibility instead of
forward?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Yu