From:Piotr Nowojski <piotr.nowoj...@gmail.com>
Send Time:2020年5月26日(星期二) 18:51
To:Becket Qin <becket....@gmail.com>
Cc:Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>; dev <dev@flink.apache.org>; zhijiang
<zhiji...@apache.org>
Subject:Re: [DISCUSS] Backpoint FLIP-126 (watermarks) integration with FLIP-27

Hi,

As we discussed this offline a bit, initially I was sceptical to merge it,
as:
- even it’s an isolated change, it can destabilise the builds and prolong
release testing period
- is distracting from solving release blockers etc

However all in all I’m +0.5 to merge it because of this argument:

> - It is API breaking. Without this patch, we would release a Source API
and immediately break compatibility in the next release.

And this:

>  - It is a fairly isolated change, does not affect any existing feature
in the system

Is limiting our risks, that we are not risking introducing bugs into the
existing features.

Piotrek