Hi, Jackey.

Thanks for driving this discussion. I think this proposal should be a
FLIP[1] since it impacts the public interface. However, as we have
only some preliminary discussions atm, a design draft would be ok. But
it would be better to organize your document according to [2].

I've two basic questions:
- Could your summarize all the public API and configurations (DDL) of
the ElasticSearchTableSource?
- If we want to implement ElasticSearch DataStream Source at the same
time, do we need to do a lot of extra work apart from this?

It also would be good if you could do some tests (performance and
correctness) to address Robert's comments.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Flink+Improvement+Proposals
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP+Template

Best,