Hi Wei,

is `reset_accumulator` still necessary? We dropped it recently in the Java API because it was not used anymore by the planner.

Regards,
Timo

On 31.08.20 15:00, Wei Zhong wrote:
Hi Jincheng & Xingbo,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I agree that we should keep the user interface uniform. I'll adjust the design
to allow users to specify the result type and accumulator type via @udaf.

Best,
Wei

在 2020年8月31日,18:06,Xingbo Huang <hxbks...@gmail.com> 写道:

Hi Wei,

Thanks a lot for the discussion.

Thanks a lot for Jincheng's suggestion of discussing FLIP-137 and FLIP-139
together.

One question is whether we can use @udaf which is introduced in FLIP-137[1]
to describe pandas udaf and general python udaf together. From the overall
view of Python User Defined Function, we use @udf to describe general
python udf and pandas udf, @udtf to describe python udtf, and @udaf to
describe general python udaf and pandas udaf, which is more unified.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-137%3A+Support+Pandas+UDAF+in+PyFlink#FLIP137:SupportPandasUDAFinPyFlink-Interfaces

Best,
Xingbo

jincheng sun <sunjincheng...@gmail.com> 于2020年8月31日周一 上午11:11写道:

Hi Wei,
Thanks for the discussion! Overall, + 1 for this FLIP.

One question is, can the @udaf added by flip-137 be used in General Python
UDAF?
Would be gread if we can consider it combination with FLIP-137 for design.

What do you think?

Best,
Jincheng

Wei Zhong <weizhong0...@gmail.com> 于2020年8月26日周三 上午11:28写道:

Hi everyone,

I would like to start discussion about how to support General Python
User-Defined Aggregate Function on Table API.

FLIP-58[1] has already introduced the stateless Python UDF and has
already
been supported in the previous releases. However the stateful Python UDF,
i.e. User-Defined Aggregate Function is not supported in PyFlink yet. We
want to introduce the general Python user-defined aggregate function for
PyFlink Table API.

Here is the design doc:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-139%3A+General+Python+User-Defined+Aggregate+Function+Support+on+Table+API

Looking forward to your feedback!