On Wed Dec 16, 2020 at 6:41 PM CET, vishalovercome wrote:
> 1. Is there any way to restore from a checkpoint as well as recreate
> client
> using newer configuration?

I think that would only work if you somehow read the configuration from an
external system

> 2. If we take a savepoint (drain and save) and then resume the job, then
> will the configuration changes happen?

This should work, but you won't even need a drain. Just a stop with savepoint
should work:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/deployment/cli.html#stopping-a-job-gracefully-creating-a-final-savepoint

> For functions that aren't AsyncFunction, is leveraging BroadcastState
> the
> only way to dynamically update configuration?

I think this is true, yes.

Best,
Aljoscha