I've always been using the most recent IntelliJ plugin version and it's fine for all of my code so far and it was never a problem when I worked on the initial reformatting. For the rare case where more recent versions of the plugin would produce formatting that is incompatible with 1.7.5 our CI would catch it and I can run `mvn spotless:apply` to fix it.

I know that Chesnay added the explanation to pin the IntelliJ plugin to 1.7.5 because of problems reported by Arvid (I believe), but I don't know in what cases newer plugin versions were producing incompatible formatting.

Maybe we can just use the most recent plugin in IntelliJ and it's fine 99% of the time?

Best,
Aljoscha