Hello, fellows, long time no see ~

Here i want to fire a discussion about the SQL implicit type coercion, a
required feature for SQL production but missed for Flink SQL for a long
time ~

SQL implicit type coercion is very useful for these cases:

- the inter-operation within builtin SQL operators, like binary arithmetic
operations (PLUS, MINOUS and so on), binary comparison, IN, CASE WHEN, SET
operator (UNION, INTERSECT ..)
- the built in functions type coercion for input parameters
- the SQL INSERT source that target connector row type when are are row
elements type mismatch
- the compatibility with other popular DB engines, like
MySQL/Hive/PostgreSQL and so on

And so much voices for a long time from the user mailing list.

I have created a FLIP WIKI here [1] and wait for your
appreciate suggestions ~

Thanks again for all you awesome guys and hope that we can have a
conclusion for the type coercion rules (the matrix) for Flink SQL soon.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-154%3A+SQL+Implicit+Type+Coercion

Best,
Danny Chan