To me its is not any less official sounding than "ci.apache.org".

flink.apache.org content is served directly from Git; we would have to commit the compiled content to the flink-web repository. This would require changes to our current workflow and would likely reduce the power of our current approach in the process, i.e., making some change in flink no longer automatically deploys the docs, you'd have to add them manually to flink-web, and then we're pretty much only gonna do it for releases.

In short, that's not something we can change quickly.