Hi Thomas,

I am also +1 to set fixVersion more conservatively, in particular for patch
releases. I am not sure we can or should solve this in a "strict" way. I am
happy to give contributors and contributing teams a bit of freedom in how
they use fixVersion for planning, but giving more concrete guidance than
what we currently have in [1] would be desirable, I believe.

Cheers,

Konstantin

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Flink+Jira+Process#FlinkJiraProcess-FixVersion/s