Thanks for creating the FLIP-223 and starting the discussion.

I have some quick questions.

# The TaskManager replicas

The TaskManager replicas need to be configured both for standalone session
and application. Because it could not be calculated if the parallelism is
set via java codes.

# How the JobManager and TaskManager pods are managed?

We could use k8s Deployment to manage the JobManager pods. Of cause, k8s
Job, StatefulSet also make sense.

What would you like to do for the TaskManager pods?

# Version support

Native support could work from 1.13 and I have created a ticket for this[1].

Considering the last-state upgrade mode, the K8s HA should be enabled. I am
afraid even standalone mode before 1.12 could not work.

Do you want to introduce the ZooKeeper HA or add some limitations for
version choice?

[1]. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-27412

Best,

Yang