Hi everyone,

With Flink 1.15 about to be released, the community has started planning &
developing features for the next release, Flink 1.16. As such, I would like
to start a discussion around managing this release.

Specifically, Chesnay & myself would like to volunteer as release managers.
Our focus as release managers would be
* to propose a release timeline
* to provide an overview of all ongoing development threads and ideally
their current status to the community
* to keep an eye on build stability
* facilitate release testing
* to do the actual release incl. communication (blog post, etc.)

Is anyone else interested in acting as a release manager for Flink 1.16? If
so, we are happy to make this a joint effort.

Besides the question of who will act as a release manager, I think, we can
already use this thread to align on a timeline. For collecting features and
everything else, we would start a dedicated threads shortly.

Given Flink 1.15 will be released in the next days, and aiming for a 4
months release cycle including stabilization, this would mean *feature
freeze at the end of July*. The exact date could be determined later. Any
thoughts on the timeline.?

Looking forward to your thoughts!

Thanks,

Chesnay & Konstantin