Hi, all.

After discussing with Becket Qin offline, I modified the FLIP a little. The
change is as follow:

1. Add /api_versions in the REST API.

The api is used by the client to know the current REST Endpoint supports
which version. The client is able to choose the version for later
communication.

2. SqlClient uses -e option to input the endpoint address and port.

Because the -h option has already been used by the SqlClient. We use the
-e, --endpoint for SqlClient to input the address:port of the endpoint.

3. Use './sql-client.h -e' to start the gateway mode rather than
'/sql-client.h gateway -e'.

If the user specifies the -e option, it definitely means to use the gateway
mode. Therefore, it is redundant to use another keyword to indicate the
mode.

Best,
Shengkai

Shengkai Fang <fskm...@gmail.com> 于2022年5月17日周二 14:13写道: