Hi Ron,

thanks you for sharing your use case and your initiative to save Queryable
State. Queryable State was deprecated due to a lack of maintainers and thus
the community did not have resources to improve and develop it further. The
deprecation notice was added to signal this lack of attention to our
users.  On the other hand, I am not aware of anyone who is actively working
towards actually dropping Queryable State. So, I don't think this will
happen anytime soon.

Personally, I see a lot of potential in Queryable State, but to make it
really, really useful it still needs a lot of work and the current
architecture/implementation might need to be re-thought from scratch in my
opinion. In that case, the current implementation might need to phased out
again, but opposed to today there would be an alternative then. I am not
aware of anyone at Immerok who currently has time to review & support a
major effort in this direction. Just keeping the current implementation
alive without any fundamental changes might not be too much work, though.

So, all in all, I think, Queryable State will neither be fundamentally
improved nor dropped any time soon. If you are committed to maintaining the
current implementation of Queryable State in terms of addressing bugs, test
instabilities and potentially small features requests, I am +1 to remove it
from the deprecation list again provided that we keep the
APIs @Experimental.

Cheers,

Konstantin

--