WindowOperator is not implemented by users. I can see that for InternalTimerService we'll need

interface PendingTimerProcessor<KEY, NAMESPACE> {
void onTimer(InternalTimer<KEY, NAMESPACE> timer) {
 doHandleTimer(timer);
 }

I don't see a problem with that.

As you said ProcessingTimeService is a user facing interface and completely unrelated to the InternalTimerService. I don't see a reason why we'd need to unify those.

As for the waitFor behaviour. Personally, I have not been convinced it is necessary. Maybe it's just my lack of vision, but I can't think of a scenario where I'd use it. Still if we need it, I'd go for something like:

void onTimer(/* whatever type it is */ timer, Context ctx ) {

}

interface Context {
  void executeAtScheduledTime(Consumer<timer> handler);
}

That way you have independent simple interfaces that need to work only in a single well defined scenario and you don't need to match an interface to multiple different cases.

Best,
Dawid