Hi, devs,

I'd like to start a discussion about FLIP-283: Use adaptive batch
scheduler as default scheduler for batch jobs[1].

In FLIP-187, we introduced an adaptive batch scheduler. The adaptive
batch scheduler has stronger batch scheduling capabilities, including
automatically deciding parallelisms of job vertices for batch
jobs (FLIP-187)[2], data balanced distribution (FLINK-29663)[3],
and speculative execution (FLIP-168)[4]. To further use the adaptive
batch scheduler to improve flink's batch capability, in this FLIP
we aim to make the adaptive batch scheduler as the default batch
scheduler.

Currently, users have to set some configuration of the adaptive
batch scheduler, which is not very convenient. To use the adaptive
batch scheduler as the default batch scheduler, we need to improve
the user's out-of-the-box experience. Therefore,  we also need to
optimize the current adaptive batch scheduler configuration.

Looking forward to your feedback.

[1]:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-283%3A+Use+adaptive+batch+scheduler+as+default+scheduler+for+batch+jobs
[2]: