Hi all,

Metric reporter may be useful if you only need per component level metrics
like jobmanager and each taskmanager since the metric reporter runs in each
component. However, for an aggregated job level view of metrics, there is
no better out-of-the-box/user-facing way to get metrics than the REST API.
A good example in using the REST API is the k8s operator autoscaler which
needs to scrape metrics:
https://github.com/apache/flink-kubernetes-operator/tree/main/flink-kubernetes-operator-autoscaler/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/kubernetes/operator/autoscaler
.

Best,