Thanks Gordon and Leonard

I'm sorry that there is no specific case from my side, but I consider the
issue as follows

1. Users may set an offset later than the current time because Flink does
not limit it
2. If we use EARLIEST for a newly discovered partition with different
OFFSETs, which may be different from the previous strategy. I think it's
best to keep the same strategy as before if it does not cause data losing
3. I think support different OFFSETs in the FLIP will not make the
implementation more complexity

Of course, if it is confirmed that this is an illegal Timestamp OFFSET and
Flink validate it. Then we can use the same strategy to apply to the newly
discovered partition, I think this will be nice too

Best,
Shammon FY