Hi Lijie,

Regarding the shuffle mode, I think it would be reasonable to also support
"pipeline shuffle" if possible.

"pipeline shuffle" is a essential for OLAP/MPP computing, although this has
not been much exposed to users for now, I know a few companies that uses
Flink as a MPP computing engine, and there is an ongoing effort[1] to make
this usage more powerful.

Back to your concern that "Even if the RuntimeFilter becomes running before
the RuntimeFilterBuilder finished, it will not process any data and will
occupy resources", whether it benefits us depends on the scale of data, if
the RuntimeFIlterBuilder could be done quickly than RuntimeFilter operator,
it can still filter out additional data afterwards. Hence in my opinion, we
do not need to make the edge between RuntimeFilterBuilder and RuntimeFilter
BLOCKING only, at least it can be configured.

Lijie Wang <wangdachui9...@gmail.com> 于2023年6月15日周四 14:18写道:

Benchao Li