Thanks for the FLIP.

Some comments:
1. Can you specify the full proposed configuration name? "
scaling-cooldown-period" is probably not the full config name?
2. Why is the concept of scaling events and a scaling queue needed? If I
remember correctly, the adaptive scheduler will just check how many
TaskManagers are available and then adjust the execution graph accordingly.
There's no need to store a number of scaling events. We just need to
determine the time to trigger an adjustment of the execution graph.
3. What's the behavior wrt to JobManager failures (e.g. we lose the state
of the Adaptive Scheduler?). My proposal would be to just reset the
cooldown period, so after recovery of a JobManager, we have to wait at
least for the cooldown period until further scaling operations are done.
4. What's the relationship to the
"jobmanager.adaptive-scheduler.resource-stabilization-timeout"
configuration?

Thanks a lot for working on this!

Best,
Robert