Hello,

Internally we use the flink-metrics-prometheus jar and we noticed that the
code is a little out of date. Primarily, there are new metric types in
Prometheus that would allow for the exporter to write Counters and
Histograms as Native metrics in prometheus (vs writing as Gauges).

I noticed that there was a closed PR for the simpleclient:
https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/21047 - which has what is required for
the native metrics but may cause other maintenance tickets.

Is there any appetite from the community to update this exporter?

Thanks,

Ryan van Huuksloot
Sr. Production Engineer | Streaming Platform
[image: Shopify]
<https://www.shopify.com/?utm_medium=salessignatures&utm_source=hs_email>