camel case is the standard code convention in Java since day one[1]. We
don't need to describe it again for Flink. Legacy hyphens might be coded by
contributors with other language backgrounds. If we really care about it,
it might make sense to add the reference.

It would be great if the FLIP could show one hyphen example, so that we
will know what the issue exactly is and how many classes are involved in.

Best regards,
Jing

[1]
https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase/codeconventions-namingconventions.html