Hi Gabor,

Thanks for bringing this up. In my opinion, it is a bit aggressive to
directly drop Python 3.7 in 1.19. Python 3.7 is still used a lot[1], and as
far as I know, many Pyflink users are still using python 3.7 as their
default interpreter. I prefer to deprecate Python 3.7 in 1.19 just like we
deprecated Python 3.6 in 1.16[2] and dropped Python 3.6 in 1.17[3].

For the support of Python 3.11, I am very supportive of the implementation
in 1.19 (many users have this appeal, and I originally wanted to support it
in 1.18).

Regarding the miniconda upgrade, I tend to upgrade miniconda to the latest
version that can support python 3.7 to 3.11 at the same time.

[1] https://w3techs.com/technologies/history_details/pl-python/3

Xingbo

Jing Ge <j...@ververica.com.invalid> 于2023年9月5日周二 04:10写道: