Hi Martijn,

Thanks for the investigation. I found the blog[1] shows a use case
that they use "OPTIMIZER_IGNORE_HINTS" to check if embedded
hints can be removed in legacy code. I think this is a useful tool to
improve queries without complex hints strewn throughout the code.
Therefore, I'm fine to support this now.

Maybe we can follow Oracle to name the config
"table.optimizer.ignore-query-hints=false"?

Best,
Jark

[1]: https://dbaora.com/optimizer_ignore_hints-oracle-database-18c/