Hi all,

Sorry for the late reply. I will follow up with the reviewers on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-32197. I think we can
definitely release a new Kafka connector before Flink 1.19 but do note it
is the holiday season, so I can't speak on when the exact date will work
for the community.

Reading the CVE, there are some suggestions to do validation in your
application properties to remediate the CVE that is independent of the
Kafka version upgrade.

Best,
Mason