Hi Danny,

Thanks for starting a RC for this.

>From the looks of the staged POMs for 1.1.0-1.18, the flink versions for
Flink dependencies still point to 1.17.1.

My understanding is that this is fine, as those provided scope
dependencies (e.g. flink-streaming-java) will have their versions
overwritten by the user POM if they do intend to compile their jobs against
Flink 1.18.x.
Can you clarify if this is the correct understanding of how we intend the
externalized connector artifacts to be published? Related discussion on [1].

Thanks,
Gordon

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/x1pyrrrq7o1wv1lcdovhzpo4qhd4tvb4