+1 for the idea.

Currently OperatorCoordinator is still marked as @Internal, shouldn't
it be a public API already?

Besides, GlobalAggregatorManager supports coordination between
different operators, but OperatorCoordinator only supports
coordination within one operator. And CoordinatorStore introduced in
FLINK-24439 opens the door for multi operators. Again, should it also
be a public API too?

Weihua Hu <huweihua....@gmail.com> 于2023年11月27日周一 11:05写道:

> Thanks Zhanghao for driving this FLIP.
>
> +1 for this.
>
> Best,
> Weihua
>

> On Mon, Nov 20, 2023 at 5:49 PM Zhanghao Chen <zhanghao.c...@outlook.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'd like to start a discussion of FLIP-395: Deprecate Global Aggregator
> > Manager [1].
> >
> > Global Aggregate Manager was introduced in [2] to support event time
> > synchronization across sources and more generally, coordination of parallel
> > tasks. AFAIK, this was only used in the Kinesis source for an early version
> > of watermark alignment. Operator Coordinator, introduced in FLIP-27,
> > provides a more powerful and elegant solution for that need and is part of
> > the new source API standard. FLIP-217 further provides a complete solution
> > for watermark alignment of source splits on top of the Operator Coordinator
> > mechanism. Furthermore, Global Aggregate Manager manages state in JobMaster
> > object, causing problems for adaptive parallelism changes [3].
> >
> > Therefore, I propose to deprecate the use of Global Aggregate Manager,
> > which can improve the maintainability of the Flink codebase without
> > compromising its functionality.
> >
> > Looking forward to your feedbacks, thanks.
> >
> > [1]
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-395%3A+Deprecate+Global+Aggregator+Manager
> > [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-10886
> > [3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-31245