Hi,
When I build the JDBC connector locally on my M1 Mac with a mvn clean install,
I get the following errors:

<java.util.Arrays.asList([Ljava.lang.Object;)> in (XaFacadeImpl.java:75)

[ERROR] Errors:

[ERROR]   DerbyExactlyOnceSinkE2eTest.testInsert » JobExecution Job execution
failed.

[ERROR]   MySqlExactlyOnceSinkE2eTest » IllegalState Previous attempts to find
a Docker ...

[ERROR]   OracleExactlyOnceSinkE2eTest » IllegalState Could not find a valid
Docker envi...

[ERROR]   PostgresCatalogTest » IllegalState Could not find a valid Docker
environment. ...

[ERROR]   JdbcCatalogFactoryTest » IllegalState Could not find a valid Docker
environmen...

[ERROR]   PostgresExactlyOnceSinkE2eTest » IllegalState Could not find a valid
Docker en...

[ERROR]   SqlServerExactlyOnceSinkE2eTest » IllegalState Previous attempts to
find a Doc...

[INFO]

[ERROR] Tests run: 280, Failures: 1, Errors: 7, Skipped: 1

An example of an individual failure is:

Test set:
org.apache.flink.connector.jdbc.databases.mysql.xa.MySqlExactlyOnceSinkE2eTest
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.006 s <<<
FAILURE! - in
org.apache.flink.connector.jdbc.databases.mysql.xa.MySqlExactlyOnceSinkE2eTest
org.apache.flink.connector.jdbc.databases.mysql.xa.MySqlExactlyOnceSinkE2eTest
Time elapsed: 0.006 s  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Previous attempts to find a Docker environment
failed. Will not retry. Please see logs and check configuration
       at
org.testcontainers.dockerclient.DockerClientProviderStrategy.getFirstValidStrategy(DockerClientProviderStrategy.java:231)
       at
org.testcontainers.DockerClientFactory.getOrInitializeStrategy(DockerClientFactory.java:150)
       at
org.testcontainers.DockerClientFactory.client(DockerClientFactory.java:191)
       at
org.testcontainers.DockerClientFactory$1.getDockerClient(DockerClientFactory.java:104)
       at
com.github.dockerjava.api.DockerClientDelegate.authConfig(DockerClientDelegate.java:109)
       at
org.testcontainers.containers.GenericContainer.start(GenericContainer.java:321)

Googling I see a suggestion  : If you're using MAC, in my case, to solve the
problem I had to add a link.

Follow the command below:

sudo ln -s $HOME/.docker/run/docker.sock /var/run/docker.sock

But this does not work for me.

I am running rancher, so do have a docker environment. Any pointers?

Kind regards, David.

Unless otherwise stated above:

IBM United Kingdom Limited