Hi Gyula,

First of all, even if we remove the `getXXX(String key, XXX defaultValue)`
methods, there are still several ways to access the configuration with
string-keys.

   - If one wants to access a specific option, as Rui mentioned,
   `ConfigOptions.key("xxx").stringType().noDefaultValue()` can be used. TBH,
   I can't think of a use case where a temporally created ConfigOption is
   preferred over a predefined one. Do you have any examples for that?
   - If one wants to access the whole configuration set, then `toMap` or
   `iterator` might be helpful.

It is true that these ways are less convenient than `getXXX(String key, XXX
defaultValue)`, and that's exactly my purpose, to make the key-string less
convenient so that developers choose ConfigOption over it whenever is
possible.

there will always be cases where a more flexible
> dynamic handling is necessary without the added overhead of the toMap logic

I'm not sure about this. I agree there are cases where flexible and dynamic
handling is needed, but maybe "without the added overhead of the toMap
logic" is not that necessary?

I'd think of this as "encouraging developers to use ConfigOption as much as
possible" vs. "a bit less convenient in 5% of the cases". I guess there's
no right and wrong, just different engineer opinions. While I'm personally
stand with removing the string-key access methods, I'd also be fine with
the other way if there are more people in favor of it.

Best,

Xintong