Hi Dhingra, thanks for raising the FLIP
I am in favour of this addition in general. I have a couple of
comments/questions on the FLIP.

- I am not sure why we need to suppress warnings in the sink example in the
FLIP?
- You provided the sink example as it is the Public Interface, however the
actual AsyncSink logic is mostly in the writer, so would be helpful to
provide a brief of the writer or the "submitRequestEntries"
- I am not sure what customDimensions are or how are they going to be used
by the client, (that's why I thought the writer example should be helpful).
- Are we going to use the existing aws client providers to handle the
authentication and async client creation similar to Kinesis/Firehose and
DDB. I would strongly recommend we do.
- Given you suggest implementing this in "flink-connector-aws" repo, it
should probably follow the same versioning of AWS connectors, hence
targeting 4.3.0. Also I am not sure why we are targeting support for 1.16
given that it is out of support and  4.2 supports 1.17+.
- Are we planning to support Table API & SQL as well? This should not be
much of an effort IMO so I think we should.
- It would be great if we also added an implementation of Element converter
given that SQS message bodies are mainly Strings if I remember correctly.
We can extend it to other types for MessageAttributeValue augmentation,
this should be more valuable on table API as well to use it as default
Element Converter.

I would love to assist with the implementation and reviews if this FLIP was
accepted.
Best Regards
Ahmed Hamdy