Hi Jane,

Thanks for the proposal!

+1 for the changes except for these annotated as experimental ones.

For the options annotated as experimental,

+1 for the moving of IncrementalAggregateRule & RelNodeBlock.

For the rest of the options, there are some suggestions:

1. for the batch related parameters, it's recommended to either delete
them (leaving the necessary defaults value in place) or leave them as they
are. Including:
FlinkRelMdRowCount
FlinkRexUtil
BatchPhysicalSortRule
JoinDeriveNullFilterRule
BatchPhysicalJoinRuleBase
BatchPhysicalSortMergeJoinRule

What I understand about the history of these options is that they were once
used for fine
tuning for tpc testing, and the current flink planner no longer relies on
these internal
options when testing tpc[1]. In addition, these options are too obscure for
SQL users,
and some of them are actually magic numbers.

2. Regarding the options in HashAggCodeGenerator, since this new feature
has gone
through a couple of release cycles and could be considered for
PublicEvolving now,
cc @Ron Liu <ron9....@gmail.com>  WDYT?

3. Regarding WindowEmitStrategy, IIUC it is currently unsupported on TVF
window, so
it's recommended to keep it untouched for now and follow up in
FLINK-29692[2]. cc @Xuyang <xyzhong...@163.com>

[1]
https://github.com/ververica/flink-sql-benchmark/blob/master/tools/common/flink-conf.yaml

Lincoln Lee