Hi Martjin and Alex,
I agree with your summaries, it will be interesting to see what requests there
might be for back ports.
     Kind regards, David.

From: Alexander Fedulov <alexander.fedu...@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 14:07
To: dev@flink.apache.org <dev@flink.apache.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [DISCUSS] Proposing an LTS Release for the 1.x Line
@David
> I agree with Martijn that we only put features into version 2. Back
porting to v1 should not be business as usual for features, only for
security and stability changes.
Yep, this choice is explicitly reflected in the FLIP [1]

@Martijn
>  I think our starting point should be "We don't backport features, unless
discussed and agreed on the Dev mailing list".
I agree - the baseline is that we do not do that. Only if a very compelling
argument is made and the community reaches consensus, exceptions could
potentially be made, but we should try to avoid them.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/BApeEg

Best,
Alex